Athletics General Training | Semester 2 2022 (Year 3 to Year 12)
Athletics training occurs each term and occasionally through the holidays during competition season. Students can train in sprints, throws, jumps and distance running. Registrations are taken for each semester and students have to train a minimum of one session each week.
Athletics General is for athlete’s who wish to attend 2 training sessions a week focusing general fitness and skills.
A NON-REFUNDABLE fee of no more than $300.00 will be charged at the point of registration. Fees include registration, team equipment and coaching fees.
MLC School PE Uniform for training (running spikes not required).
|Specialisation – Throws at Cintra, Distance training at Bay Run, Sprints & Jumps at Burwood Park (Students will have the option to change their specialisation from Term 3 to Term 4)|
On the rare occasions that it may be necessary for a player to miss training or a competition:
- If the inability to attend is known in advance – a written explanation (email) from the player’s parent/carer is to be given to the coach in advance. This notice should be given as early as possible.
- If the player is absent from school on the day of training or on competition day – the player’s parent/carer is asked to advise the coach and Sports Department of their daughter’s absence from training or the game.
Continued failure to attend training or competitions without a timely written explanation is unacceptable and may jeopardise the athlete’s continued involvement in sport.
A member of the Sports Department will contact Parents/carers of students whose non-attendance at training or events is not notified in the correct manner.
Our main form of communication with the athletes and their parents is via email and occasionally text messages. Please ensure you regularly check emails to ensure you are well informed regarding Athletics in 2022. The Sports Update in Audacia, the weekly newsletter also contains important information. This newsletter is sent every Friday afternoon during term time.
Interested students must complete their online Athletics registration prior to attending their first training session. Attendance is monitored.
- Bookings are only valid once payment transaction is complete and information is received.
- Processed bookings will provide an email receipt including a Customer Reference Number. We advise you to print this email and keep it for your records.
- Please email Ashley Harris firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any further questions.
Terms and Conditions
- I will ensure my daughter is committed to a minimum of ONE training session per week.
- I will ensure that my daughter wears the correct uniform at all times.
- I understand the registration does not automatically qualify my daughter to be selected into the MLC School Athletics team to compete at IGSA/IPSHA.
- I understand the registration fee is non refundable.